Kiana provides in-home tutoring services for residents located in Morris County, New Jersey with her own transportation. A low flat rate of $10 will be added to services located more than 10 miles away. The first 30-45 minute virtual client consultation is free! She will do in-person consultations on a case by case basis.
NEW SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Virtual tutoring services are also available to children in grades Kindergarten through sixth grade at $45 for 45 minutes! Accommodations can be made during booking should you require more or less time!
Why you should choose Kiana to tutor your child?
Kiana has the credentials to teach children enrolled in kindergarten through 6th grade. She has four years of experience tutoring elementary school students. The students Kiana has tutored have improved their performance in core subject classes like math, reading and language arts. She focuses on both what your child knows, and the specific objectives your child needs to meet! In addition to typical homework and studying, Kiana has also guided students during the planning and creation stages of school projects! Kiana can also speak Spanish on an intermediate level, making her able to assist students with Spanish courses as well.
Kiana incorporates various hands on and visual learning manipulatives within her tutoring sessions. She uses different academic strategies, and other useful study skills when teaching her students. Kiana includes academic games in her lessons and shares ones that can be played as a family! She is also versed in the New Jersey Common Core State Standards and can apply grade appropriate objectives to your child’s sessions as well. Kiana is also accessible to both parents/guardians and the student’s teacher via email for any academic updates or suggested areas of study to focus on.
New COVID-19 Guidelines & Booking Details
- Please provide (via text or email) an update of parent’s/children’s temperatures & confirmation of no COVID-19 symptoms and/or doctor’s visits 24 hours prior to booking date.
- Please provide COVID-19 detection or antibody test results of children or parents when available.
- I will provide a COVID-19 test (whichever I can acquire) result if requested. I am also willing to bring a thermometer for taking my own temperature upon arrival when requested & update parents of any symptoms when necessary as well.
- Unfortunately, no embraces between myself & family members until further notice.
- I will remain social distanced from children whenever possible while wearing a mask.
- I will have disinfecting wipes to wipe down any common surfaces I must touch & will use gloves if I am asked to prepare children’s food/beverages.
- Should you have ANY questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me!
Please allow 2-3 days notice when booking tutoring services. This allows for Kiana to properly plan and do her best to accommodate her clients. When booking, please be aware that once sessions are booked your spot is secure! For that reason, should you need to cancel, please do so 24 hours or more prior to your session time. If you are unable to do so, there will be a $15 fee required either at the next scheduled session OR immediately via Venmo. The reason being, the time it takes for Kiana to prepare for each client and the number of clients she must give that entitled time to.
Payment must be provided upon completion of your booking. Cash, check, or Venmo are all acceptable payments.
Hire Kiana for Tutoring
Thank you for your time and consideration! Kiana looks forward to working with you. To book Kiana, please contact her directly! Please send a message with any questions via the Contact page. Your message will be returned within 24 hours. Thank you!